So as if I don’t do enough travel related posts already today I thought it would be fun to do the travel tag, as travelling is one of my greatest passions in life and I love to write all about my travel adventures.
I never really know how to naturally lead into the questions with posts like this so I’m just going to take the easy route and say let’s jump straight in!
1. Where are you from in the world? – the UK, specifically England. I was born in Chertsey, Surrey and I lived there until I was 5 years old. It’s one of my favourite places in the world.
2. Have you been overseas? When / where? – I’ve been fortunate enough to go overseas a countless number of times. So far I’ve been to Spain, Menorca, Majorca, France, Belgium, Amsterdam, Crete, Mexico and the USA! Click here to read about some of my favourite overseas adventures!
3. Do you prefer summer or winter? Why? – 100000% Summer. Unless it’s the lead up to Christmas, I can’t stand the Winter. It’s so miserable, cold and depressing whereas summer is the complete opposite. In the Summer months there is so much more to do and enjoy, walks, picnics, bike rides, not to mention holidays, BBQs and the genuine good feeling the sunshine brings.
4. Summer or winter fashion? – This is a tough one, I love both! Summer fashion is fun because it’s cute, simple and usually floral, plus I love a good bikini and a pretty sundress. Winter fashion is fun too with all the cool accessories such as hats and scarves, and don’t forget layers upon layers!
5. Where is somewhere you would love to travel to? – Iceland, Dubai, Cancun, Russia, Istanbul, California… the list is endless.
6. Name your essential makeup items for the beach. – No makeup! I wanna keep my face fresh ready to soak up those sun rays. Mustn’t forget the suncream though, of course.
7. Are you currently saving up for a trip? – I’m not, I’m saving up for spending money for a trip though.
8. Do you like/dislike travelling? – LOVE LOVE LOVE.
9. Name a place in the world you would love to shop. – NYC. Hello Tiffany! Next time I go to New York I will be saving up 1000’s of pennies so I can shop till I drop. I’ll need my own plane home just to fit all my purchases!
10. What is your favourite accent in the world to hear? – I love the Australian accent. G’day mate.
11. How many countries have you visited? – Around 11 so far!
12. Why do you travel? – Travelling enriches the soul and this world is such a beautiful, magnificent place how could I not want to see all it has to offer? Traveling makes me feel alive, I love making new memories with my loved ones all over the world. Travel is my passion and one thing I could never live without. Thank god the Aeroplane was invented!
13. Favourite city or country? – Amsterdam and London for favourite cities, country is a tough one, for now I’ll say Spain because that’s the one I’ve explored the most other than England.
14. Most memorable experience abroad. – Living in Menorca for a year with my parents and embracing the culture and lifestyle, also visiting the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam with my best friend Emily. That was incredible.
15. Best item purchased abroad. – Probably all the amazing things I bought in Paris ’15. I treated myself to so much YSL / Chanel / Dior makeup and the cutest personalised Minnie Mouse shot glass.
16. Advice for those who want to travel but think they can’t. – What’s stopping you? Save up every little penny, be brave and follow your heart! If you want to travel, just go. Don’t let the excuses stop you, there’s always a way. You can even apply for jobs abroad!!
17. Preferred method of travel: planes, trains or automobiles? – Probably a plane, although I’m not fussed either way. I love road tripping though, you get to see more places that way.
18. Top three travel items. – Camera, phone and a book.
19. Hostel or hotel? – Always always always a hotel.
20. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places? – A bit of both, I’ll always opt for somewhere new over somewhere I’ve already been but some places are just too amazing not to revisit, for example New York, California, Vegas, Arizona and Amsterdam. I’d go back to all 5 of those places in a heartbeat.
21. Can you recite your passport # from memory? – God no, I don’t think I’ve ever even paid any attention to my passport number!
22. Do you read up on your destination for culture history or safety or do you just wing it? – I’d say I just wing it and go with the flow, although I always read up before to find out the must see locations and the top things to do in said place where I’m visiting. For example if I were to go to Switzerland I’d search ‘top things to see and do in Switzerland‘.
23. Where would you recommend a friend to visit and why? – Amsterdam, always Amsterdam. There’s something for everyone there whether you want culture, history, shopping or partying, this city is so vibrant and exciting you’ll never get bored.
24. You’re leaving tomorrow and money is no option, where are you going? – I can’t just pick one place! New York first, then Cali, then Iceland, then Italy, then everywhere… if money was no option I’d be on an around the world trip right now.
25. Favourite landmark you have visited? – Probably Buckingham Palace, that place makes me feel so patriotic and proud and I love seeing the guards outside, especially when it’s time for changing of the guards which is such an event. But I’ve been lucky enough to see so many, from the Louvre to Stonehenge to the Empire State Building, and I can’t wait to tick more off my list.
26. Beach holiday or travel/explore holiday? – Why not both!? I love a beach holiday, catching the sun, getting a tan, swimming in the sea/ pool and doing all the fun Summer holiday activities but I am always down for a travel and adventure holiday, I want to see the whole wide world and experience everything there is to experience. I love ticking off new places, seeing landmarks and doing cool things abroad you can’t do anywhere else. If I had to pick just one I think I’d pick the latter option!
Which finishes all of the questions! I tag
and everyone else who would like to participate!
I hope everyone enjoyed this post, let me know your favourite travel experiences in the comments below.
Thank you for reading,