Good morning everybody 🙂 It’s one week until Christmas! Who is excited? I know I am 🙋🏻🙋🏻 Since the festive day is just one week away, I thought I would write up a little list of my favourite things about Christmas! Before I start though, can I just say I can’t believe we are nearing the end of the year, two weeks and we will be saying goodbye to 2015 and hello 2016! I can’t wait, I am so ready for a new year! But I’m getting ahead of myself now, first we have CHRISTMAS to celebrate! So here is a list of a few things I love about Christmas ❤️🎄
- ADVENT CALENDERS! Nothing beats a chocolate advent calender, with small Christmas themed treats waiting behind every door! Whats it going to be today, a stocking, a Santa? The anticipation! There is also nothing that can beat the feeling you get when you wake up and realise you forgot to eat yesterdays chocolate, so now today you have two to eat! It’s the little things in life! When I was younger I used to have the greatest advent calender, it was a 3D nativity set with a cardboard Jesus, Mary and Joseph! It was amazing, I have wanted another nativity themed calender for years but I can’t seem to find one anywhere! If you know where I can find one, please let me know!
- CHRISTMAS CARDS. Okay, so this one doesn’t apply so much now as I don’t really send many cards out, I only really give them to people I buy presents for these days, but back in the day it used to be one of the most exciting things, sending and receiving cards! Writing the list of who you want to send a card to was always fun and made me feel really festive! Who remembers the postbox they would have at primary school where you could post your Christmas cards and one lucky student would get to deliver them to each different class!? I miss that so so much, it was literally one of the best things about Christmas! I remember sitting in a circle with the rest of my class, anticipation rising as each card got passed around and then the absolute excitement I felt when I received one! I loved it! I think it might be time to bring the Christmas card giving process back, next year I’m gonna go Christmas card crazy!
- PRESENTS! Buying presents, receiving presents, you just can’t go wrong with presents! I absolutely love treating people at Christmas, filling up a gift bag with all things exciting! I absolutely love treating people and putting thought into what to buy them and making sure I get them what they want. It’s also a lot of fun when someone is easy to buy for, you can go present crazy because there is so much you know they will be happy to receive! I also LOVE receiving presents, lets face it, who doesn’t? Seeing your name on a label on a gift under the tree and wondering what’s wrapped up in the parcel is very exciting! 🎁
- FAMILY TIME! I always spend Christmas day with my family and I love it, Christmas is a time where its guaranteed I am going to see my loved ones and spend quality time with them, I am really looking forward to it this year, spending a day with my family full of love and happiness! Having a festive day with my family is one of the main reasons I am looking forward to Christmas as I love love love being with my family and I know this will be a good day and we will all be happy in each others company! 👨👩👧👧
- CHRISTMAS TREES! I still haven’t put my Christmas tree up yet! We always get our tree around the 21st/22nd of December whereas a lot of people get it on the first! How funny! I do love the smell of a real Christmas tree, it always makes me feel Christmassy! I can imagine the smell as I am typing this now, so good! I hope we get our tree soon as I need that scent in my life! 🎄
- CELEBRATIONS! The standard chocolates we always get as a family at Christmas! Mum always buys a tub and they are so yummy! The maltesers and galaxy chocolates are definitely the best! 😍 Lets face it, its not just the celebrations that are delicious, all food at Christmas is Heavenly!
So there you have it, my list of things I adore about Christmas / things that make me feel festive! I hope if you read this it made you feel very festive! I hope you are looking forward to Christmas! What are you looking forward to the most!?
Thankyou so much for reading, have a lovely day! Lots of love, Jennie, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx